Sunday, March 30, 2008

Family

Today after church, we had lunch and the HSS left for a week of education. Mixed feelings about the absence, but the rest of the family pulls together to support one another when one is absent. That is the totally awesome part. I reminded an offspring today, "you never fully realize what you have until it's gone". Thankfully only gone for a short while. We look forward to the return at the end of the week.

We took the free afternoon to visit family. Great Grandpa's health continues to decline and the family is working to keep him comfortable. At 92 he has lost his will to live. Having lived through losing a daughter and wife to cancer, he is just ready to go home. I can't say I blame him. Mom seems to be holding up alright, but she isn't getting a whole lot of rest. I felt reassured after visiting today that she is alright at this point. She is taking the situation one day at a time and hoping she doesn't have to place him in a nursing home.

Received an email from my tree hugger niece. That brightened my day. She received the package of goodies I mailed to her and like the selection of stamps I sent. YEAH!!! I'm always looking to recruit new stampers.

Until next time . . . May God Bless your day!

No comments: